For data protection reasons, the Facebook “Like” function must first be activated by a click.
Click “Activate” now to see what your friends like.
Do you start your artwork with pen and paper? But at the same time regret that your work is stuck on paper until you have scanned the image? Then Inkling is an indispensable tool for you. This digital sketch pen allows you to sketch with a real ballpoint pen on any paper. While you are drawing, all strokes are recorded electronically which can then be imported as raster or vector artwork in to your preferred graphics applicationfor further editing. With just one button click you can record layers, for instance, to separate preparatory and final drawings. These layers are then retained after import.
In a nutshell, Inkling enables you to start off your artwork the traditional way, while making the first step of your digital workflow simultaneously – wherever you are.
Inkling in 3 steps:
Sketch anywhere with your Inkling on any paper.
Transfer sketches as layered raster or vector artwork to your PC or Mac.
- Enhance your professional workflow by capturing digital data while sketching with a ball-pen on normal paper
- The ink sketch can be structured in layers while drawing – no need to recreate layers in software
- 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity for natural pen strokes
- Store hundreds of high resolution sketches on the receiver before transferring to your PC or Mac
- Save time and export your sketches with layers directly into Adobe® Photoshop® or Illustrator® (CS3 or higher), or Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro or SketchBook® Designer (2011 or higher) as vector graphics
- Be versatile by saving your sketches in the following formats: JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, SVG and PDF
The Inkling Sketch Manager is the software used to transfer your digital sketches to your computer. The Sketch Manager lets you manage all your drawings, including merging or separating layers.
It creates native bitmap or vector versions of your sketches for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Autodesk Sketchbook. With a simple click you can directly transfer your sketches into your preferred software.
These imported versions retain the layers and line weights of your original sketches. Additionally, you can save all sketches in the native Inkling format or as single layer files in other popular image formats such as JPEG, PNG, PDF or SVG.
USB port (powered, for receiver)
PC: Windows® 7, Vista or XP (SP3)
Macintosh®: Mac OS® X, version 10.4.11 or later
Possible file formats for the sketches:
- .wpi (original vector format)
Supported applications for layer editing:
- Adobe® Photoshop® or Illustrator® (CS3+)
- Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro or SketchBook® Designer (2011+)
Now works with Adobe® Creative Suite 6 & Autodesk® Sketchbook Pro 6.
- Inkling digital pen
- Inkling receiver
- Inkling charging case
- USB cable
- 4 spare ink cartridges
- Inkling Sketch Manager application
- Quick start guide
- Online user’s manual
|Sketch size||A7 to A4 paper size (portrait/landscape)|
|Transmission type||infra-red and ultrasonic|
|Power requirements (for battery charging)||DC 5V, 500 mA, from USB port|
Inkling digital pen
|Dimensions (L x D)||153 x 17 mm|
|Weight||± 21 g|
|Battery||rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery 1.2 V, 170 mAh|
|Status lights||1 (pen LED indicating pen status and battery charge status)|
|Working time||up to 15 hours|
|Charging time||up to 3 hours|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||71 x 32 x 16 mm|
|Weight||± 38 g|
|Connector (receptacle)||USB mini-B|
|USB type||USB 2.0 full speed|
|Buttons||2 (power button & new layer button)|
|Flash memory size||2 GB|
|Battery||rechargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer (Li-Ion Polymer) battery 3.7 V, 400 mAh|
|Status lights||3 (power LED, status LED & new layer LED)|
|Working time||up to 8 hours|
|Charging time||up to 3 hours|
|Receiver clip||holds ± 10 pages|
Inkling charging case
|Dimensions (W x D x H, closed)||173 x 63 x 25 mm|
|Connector (receptacle, for charging)||USB mini-B|